Find a Tattoo Removal Specialist in Jersey City
Jersey City is the second largest city in the state with a population of over 250,000 residents. Considered part of the New York metropolitan area, it is situated on the coast of the Hudson River and the New York Bay.
This busy city is an excellent place to find the best doctors and dermatologists skilled in the most recent tattoo removal methods and procedures.
*****Want to rent this page? Contact us today to have your business listed here******
Jersey City Tattoo Removal
Finding the right doctor to perform the tattoo removal process is key to the success or failure of the procedure. And although Jersey City is right next to New York City, you would be wise to select a professional from within the New Jersey borders.
Regulations vary by state – and we are fortunate enough to live in New Jersey which is one of just a few states that require a medical license to operate a tattoo laser removal machine. Many other states allow just about anyone to operate their equipment and may only ask that the technician has 16 hours of training.
So while you might think you may find the best tattoo removal docs with a short trip to Manhattan, by choosing someone local to New Jersey – you will find much more qualified professionals to remove your tattoo!
Questions to Ask Before You Begin
When you are looking for the best tattoo removal doctor, there are quite a few questions you should ask. Here are a few to get you started.
1. How many removals has the doctor or office performed this year? You want to be sure the doctor has experience in the process and any possible complications of having your tattoo removed.
2. Do you have before & after photos? Most offices will be able to show you a photo portfolio of their results. This will help you to see exactly how your skin will look when the process is complete. Depending on the quality, color and location of the original tattoo, you may be left with some skin discoloration – so it is important to make sure to set your expectations before you begin.
3. Is the laser equipment FDA approved? In the case of laser removal therapy, it is also important to be sure the laser is FDA approved to remove tattoo pigment.
4. What is the cost & length of each office visit? Most insurance policies will not cover the cost of tattoo removal, so you should be prepared to pay for the visits out of pocket.
5. What type of follow-up care is given? Every office will vary in their after-care procedures. Some offices may require an in-office visit at the end of the process, while others may choose to call you after each treatment.
6. Is pain medication administered during or after the process? Depending on the type of tattoo removal, there is likely to be some pain, especially after repeated treatments.
Having a tattoo removed is not quite as quick as having one applied in the first place. But it can be relatively simple and stress-free as long as you find the right professional to get the job done right. Asking the right questions will help assure you that you have found the best doctor who will not only get you great results, but one who will also be sure you are safe and comfortable during the process.